Thinking of going on a diet to lose weight? You’ve come to the right place! The egg diet is a low-carb meal plan that places an emphasis on eggs. The egg diet has gained recognition in recent years as a simple and effective way to lose weight. It is also one of the simplest and most affordable healthy eating plans. Eggs are inexpensive, widely available, and can be incorporated into a variety of dishes. This article covers everything you need to know about the egg diet for weight loss. It discusses the pros and cons of the egg diet, what an egg diet menu looks like and how much potential it has as a weight loss plan.
What is the Egg Diet for Weight Loss?
You probably know that eggs are one of the most nutritious foods you can eat. They are rich in protein and other nutrients and have minimal fat and carbs. Eggs also have ratings on the “excellent” scale for nutrition density. In other words, they pack a lot of punch for very few calories.
The egg diet for weight loss is a low-carb diet where you’ll eat almost exclusively eggs. You may be eating one or two eggs per day plus some additional foods like vegetables and low-fat dairy. The egg diet is one of the most extreme diets you can go on, as it is very low in carbs and has no room for other foods. If you’re going to go on an egg diet, it’s best to do it under the supervision of a doctor or a dietitian at AKARA. Some variations for the egg diet are the banana and eggs diet, and the egg and banana oatmeal diet. This is because you’ll also be eating bananas and oatmeal as part of this weight-loss plan. There are multiple variations of the banana and egg diet for weight loss. Some are extreme, while some are milder. You can expect different amounts of carbs, calories, and protein from one variation to another.
What to Expect from Egg Diet for Weight Loss?
The egg diet for weight loss can last anywhere from two to six weeks. You can eat two eggs for breakfast and two eggs for dinner. For lunch, you can eat some vegetables like lettuce, tomatoes, or carrots, along with oatmeal or banana. You can have some low-fat dairy like yogurt or milk at any time of the day. The egg diet is pretty much all eggs, oatmeal, and bananas. Since this is a restrictive diet, it is vital to talk to an AKARA nutritionist before starting it. The diet plan at AKARA can be personalized according to your goals and current body shape and the number of eggs to be consumed per day would also be decided accordingly.
How to Follow an Egg Diet for Weight Loss?
If you choose to go on an egg diet, you’ll need to do some prep work beforehand. First, you’ll need to figure out which variation of the egg diet is right for you. There are mild variations that allow you to eat other foods like vegetables, and there are extreme variations that are entirely eggs. Next, you’ll need to figure out how much you should eat. Be sure to do this based on the number of calories you need each day. Talking to an AKARA health expert would help you understand your calorie consumption and you may then start tracking your calories accordingly. Once you know how many calories you should eat per day and what variation of the egg diet you want to follow, you’re ready to start the egg diet for weight loss.
Tips to Make your Egg Diet for Weight Loss a Success
- Exercise – If you want to lose weight faster, exercise is the most effective tool you have at your disposal. Exercising burns calories and helps you maintain a healthy weight. You can exercise while on the egg diet as you will receive ample energy and protein for workout training.
- Track Your Progress – Tracking your progress is one of the best ways to stay on the right path. You can track your progress with a physical paper journal or a digital app on your phone. You can also track your progress on a blog if you want to share your journey with others.
- Eat More Than Just Eggs – While it may sound like a quick fix to only eat eggs on this diet, you may end up being deficient in certain vitamins and minerals. It is essential to add some important foods to your meals to not face any nutrient deficiency. A personalized meal plan by Alchemy by AKARA can help you with this.
- Don’t Forget to Eat Carbs – Remember that the egg diet is a low-carb diet, so you must eat good carbs on this egg diet for weight loss.
- Take Non-Invasive Treatments – Many times, we are unable to lose weight even on restrictive diets because of some underlying causes. Sometimes an egg diet may help you lose a lot of weight, but you may face a reverse of fortune once you come back to your previous routine. If you wish to keep the weight off and also address the other causes, talk to an AKARA nutritionist today. You can also opt for a non-invasive weight loss treatment mindfully designed to aid weight loss without pain, downtime, or any hassle.
Final Thoughts by AKARA on the Egg Diet for Weight Loss
If you are looking to lose weight by following a low-carb diet, the egg diet can be a good option. If you do not wish to follow a diet as extremely restrictive as this, you can choose another option that includes healthy foods like veggies, fruits, grains, and legumes. Food can truly impact your health and wellness and while it sounds easy to make changes in your diet and make it work in your favour, it may sometimes backfire. Therefore, it is essential to consult a health expert who can help you in understanding your body’s needs and make a diet plan accordingly. At AKARA, you not only get diet consultation but can also find the right treatments suited for your weight goals and concerns. AKARA by AAYNA, located in Delhi (Mehrauli & Khan Market) and in Ludhiana is a clinic pioneering in award-winning FDA-approved treatments for weight loss. AKARA is connected with a skin and hair clinic where expert dermatologists provide FDA-approved treatments like Thermage for non-invasive facelifts as well.