One of the best breakfast choices for individuals looking for a healthy lifestyle is oats. Highly adaptable and versatile, they may be cooked and consumed in a variety of ways. People find interesting oats recipes for weight loss and try them in numerous ways. Its robust start can decrease your LDL cholesterol also known as “bad cholesterol”. Oats are packed with fibre, protein, and energy which are some crucial components that aid in weight loss.
Oats may be enjoyed with a variety of ingredients including milkshakes, smoothies, porridge, and even desserts. Also known as the all-purpose superfood, Oatmeal may be a satisfying alternative to heavy breakfasts or non-healthy meals. There are many oats’ recipes for weight loss that is loved as a quick breakfast or a hassle-free lunch. Read on to know about the multiple health benefits and nutritional value of oatmeal and also three super yummy recipes to shed those extra pounds.
Health Benefits of Oats Recipes for Weight Loss
Oats offer a number of undeniable health advantages. They aid greatly in weight loss due to their low-fat content and they are high-fiber food that keeps the stomach full and saves us from binge-eating. Great in keeping your gut health strong, oats are easily digestible and have many health benefits that make them an excellent option.
1. Nutritional Value – Oats are superfoods that are light on the stomach and are filled with minerals and fibre. Oatmeal’s abundant fibre content can significantly enhance cardiovascular health.
2. Good Source of Avenanthramides – Aventhramides-rich oats lower high blood pressure by generating nitric oxide gas. This facilitates the easy flow of blood through the capillaries.
3. Oats for Diabetic Patients – Oatmeal’s beta-glucan substance blocks the blood circulation from absorbing glucose. Hence, oats help in regulating the body’s sugar levels having a beneficial impact on the insulin level and blood sugar.
4. Oats for a Better Heart Health – Oatmeal’s ability to lower your body’s level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or “bad” cholesterol, is one of its largest advantages. Oatmeal’s soluble fibre reduces the amount of cholesterol that enters your system and adding fruit can boost the amount of soluble fibre you consume. They are also rich in beta-glucan which is a lipid-lowering agent.
5. Oats Recipes for Weight Loss – Another fantastic benefit is that eating oatmeal is good for weight reduction. In addition to having a terrific flavor, oatmeal keeps blood sugar levels stable, boosts energy, and suppresses appetite since the body digests it more slowly. The soluble fibers break down food more quickly, facilitating simple digestion and shedding additional calories. It has beta-glucan that inhibits the hormone cholecystokinin and hence suppresses appetite. It eliminates cravings and you won’t feel the need to snack.
Scrumptious and Easy Oats Recipes for Weight Loss
There are many ways to have oats, you can simply have them with non-fat milk or cook them like masala oats. You can add different fruits, nuts, and seeds to make them more delicious and nutritious. If you want to try a few unique yet easy-to-make oats recipes that bring joy to the tastebuds and are packed with healthful nutrients, you can try these fun oats recipes for weight loss.
- Oats Cheela
This easy-to-make recipe is excellent for a quick breakfast meal and is high in nutrition value. Rich in protein, fibre, beneficial fat & carbs, this oats cheela can be made without using any oil and will aid greatly in weight loss.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- oats: 1 & ½ Cups
- Gram Flour (besan): 1 Cup
- Spring Onion (finely chopped): 2 Pc
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) :10g
- Cumin: 1 tbs
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tbs
- Red Chili Powder: 1 tbs
- Salt: 1 tbs
- Water: 2 Cups
- Blend oats in a mixer to make fine powder
- Add gram flour, cumin, red chili powder, turmeric, and salt to the powdered oats
- Add water to make a batter. Mix well while gradually adding water to avoid lumps
- Add chopped spring onion and coriander to the cheela batter
- Mix the batter well and pour & spread in a round cheela shape on a non-stick pan
2. Healthy Fruit and Oats Smoothie
High in protein, fibre, essential carbs, and fat, these healthy oats smoothie recipe is great for weight loss. It can easily replace a meal, will eliminate hunger cravings, and gives energy that can last long. Oatmeal in smoothies makes for a great oats recipe for weight loss.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- oats: ½ Cup
- Banana: 1 Pc
- Soy Milk: 1 Cup
- Almonds: 4 Pc
- Chia Seeds: 1 Pinch
- Honey: ½ tbs
- Blend oats in a mixer to make fine powder
- Add banana, soy milk, honey, almonds, and chia seeds to the oats and blend well
- Pour in a glass to enjoy fresh
3. No-Sugar Oats Cookies
These yummy cookies are packed with protein, fat, good carbs, and fibre. They go well with green teas and weight loss smoothies and have no fattening sugar in them. You can have them freshly baked and also store them in an airtight container. These cookies will come handy as a flavourful snack in the evening or with breakfast. This oats recipe for weight loss is loved by children and adults alike.
Ingredients (serves 4-5):
- Oats Flour: ¾ Cups
- Raisins: ¼ Cups
- Banana: 3 Pc
- Peanut Butter: ½ Cups
- Baking Soda: 1 tbs
- Chia Seeds: 2 tbs
- Pumpkin Seeds (pan toasted): ½ Cups
- Cinnamon Powder: ½ tbs
- Honey: 2 tbs
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and add peanut butter and honey. Mix well
- Add oats flour, baking powder, chia seeds, and cinnamon powder to the mixture. Make it into a thick batter
- Add pre-pan toasted pumpkin seeds and raisins to the batter. Keep the batter in the refrigerator for half an hour
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease the baking tray with a little butter
- Use a tablespoon to spread the batter in the shape of round cookies. Bake for 10 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check if prepared, it is baked if the toothpick comes out clean
- Let the cookies cool down at room temperature
Lose Weight with Alchemy by AKARA
Alchemy by AKARA is a weight loss diet program in which diet preparation is customized to treat health issues like diabetes, PCOS symptoms, Indigestion, obesity, and many other problems. AKARA is a leading weight loss clinic having its centers in Delhi and Ludhiana and our goal is to deliver well-being, diet plans, and weight loss treatments suitable to the individual. With Alchemy, we come with a belief that the real magic happens in the kitchen, and you stay fit by eating right. Contact AKARA for a customised weight loss diet plan best suited for your goals and body needs.